The Poor Woman's Creme de la Mer ( or so I've heard) *Updated Review

By | Friday, October 01, 2010 Leave a Comment


Every winter I start to notice small lines forming on forehead and my normally oily skin dries up into a crispy cracker like state. Last winter I used a combination of pure vitamin e oil and coconut oil at night to combat this. But this year I'm going to do something different. I happened to find the original German Nivea at my local Wal Mart and since I've read so many rave reviews about, I'm going to test it out for the next few weeks. Supposedly, the Nivea contains the same ingredients as the super pricey La Mer cream and works just as well. Now I've never used the La Mer, or heck even seen it in person and for $130.00 (per freakin OUNCE!!) I probably never will. But I'm thinking the Nivea might be pretty good.

Anyway the Nivea cream has a thick, velvety consistency. It leaves an oily sheen on my face after I've applied it but yet my face feels kinda wet, if that makes sense. I've only used it twice so far and it takes a good 15 minutes to fully absorb into my skin, so this probably isn't something I can use in the morning when I'm rushing out to school.

*Update: While this did moisturize my skin really well, it also clogged my pores and caused small clusters of pimples on my forehead and cheeks. I tried to keep using it thinking that my skin was just purging and would adjust, but after more than 3 weeks with no sign of the pimples going anywhere, I had to call it quits on Nivea :(
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: